Nov is officially the best hiking season in Hong Kong!! For this edition, LocalHood
invites you to a picturesque Lamma Island GUIDED Hike with the one and only Laurence CHEUNG!!
In this hike you'll start by taking the ferry, an easy hike, culture and end with good food.😋 All this in good company 😀😀. Sounds like your kind of weekend? Join us.
1. DIFFICULTY: Guided, Fairly easy, family friendly activity!
2. Date n Time: Sat 13th Nov 11am (Aberdeen to Lamma Island ).
Max. participants: 10
4. Meeting time & point: Aberdeen Ferry terminal to Lamma Island (The ferry terminal is at end of the
promenade). We will take the 11 am ferry to Lamma Island at get off at the first stop Mo Tat which will
take about 25min.
5. Details: The Hike from Mo Tat at 11:30 and should finish about 2pm.
Essentially, the route is towards the scenic Shek Pai Wan Beach and then to Sok Kwu Wan.
We plan to arrive at Shek Pai Wan Beach at 1pm and Sok Kwu Wan at 2pm. We will be crossing landmarks and historical monuments and settlements along the path.
LUNCH: At Sok Kwu Wan, there are some cafes and restaurants there, so we will have lunch there –
no table or restaurant is booked, so really just help yourself as they are all located within a
This is where the hike ends and you may take a ferry directly from Sok Kwu Wan back to
Aberdeen or Central.
6. Event contribution: 50 HKD per participating ADULT by Pay me 61098138 OR Bank transfer to HSBC 607-152626-888 (with a comment "LocalHood SHEK PAI WAN Hike Nov 21"; pls send us a copy of the bank transfer receipt). NO CASH ACCEPTED PLS!
HOW TO ENSURE YOU ARE A CONFIMED PARTICIPANT? After your registration is complete and on a 1st come 1st served basis, you will receive a confirmation message from us.
7. Please make sure that you bring the following:-
• Octopus card (loaded with at least HKD100) for the ferry trip & back
• Some cash (less than HKD500 should be ok)
• Hiking clothes (light, wind proof and quick dry) (Right now the weather forecast is sunny with some clouds but a nice 23-deg😊)
• Mobile phone + spare battery charger
• Sun screen
• Walking/Hiking shoes (not flip flops)